Friday, July 16, 2010

My little Dragon

I have a little dragon. It doesn't fly in the air but it is still a magical beast. I turn a key & push a button & it roars to 'life'. It is made up of metal & plastic & has two rubber wheels. Just using my wrist I can make the little machine (called a scooter] go quite fast. It is quite convenient when I am in a hurry or have a fairly long distance to go, to just put in that key, push a button & scooter away to my destination.
Of course, like all beasts it demands to fed. My beast, like most other dragons, requires oil & gasoline to keep going. Gasoline is an extremely toxic liquid that is refined from oil which comes from deep under the Earth. I have no idea where exactly the gasoline in my dragon came from. It probably was extracted by some multi-national corporation operating in the ocean, some poor nation in Africa or South America, or from some regime in the Middle Eastern desert. Much ecological damage was probably created in the local communities and/or ecosystems to extract that oil but hey, the dragons must be fed.
Ecological disasters in Nigeria or the Gulf of Mexico don't really affect me but after drinking all the gas my dragon has to fart doesn't it? Actually, it is one continuous 'exhalation/burp' that comes out the tailpipe. The dragon's exhaust is quite toxic & it is quite unhealthy to be sitting at a red light with many other dragons all around you farting continuously. Of course, if a city has millions of farting dragons that is a lot of toxic air pollution being created.(that especially sucks if you are a young child who runs or elderly person who walks & lives in that city)
So as a dragon owner I am aware of the positive & negative aspects of using my dragon. Whenever possible I take public transportation (big dragons that can take many people) or ride my bike. (except when I am extremely lazy) If everyone considered the positive AND negative aspects of using their (big & small) dragons we would have healthier cities & cleaner air. The End. Have a nice day!

No comments: