Monday, July 31, 2006

17-Suan Mokkh(before)

After spending a few days at the 'Cabana' beach near Chumpton on the Gulf of Thailand(went for a nice ocean swim for the first time in months!) I'm further south near Chaiya at the Suan Mokkh International Hermitage...they have silent retreat for 10 days at the start of every month & I have a few hours before it begins then no reading,computers, ect. for 10 days...this place(I registered this morning/1,500 bt. for meals,ect) is very peaceful & even has hot springs!..founded by a famous Thai monk named Buddhadasa who passed away several years ago....I've done several silent retreats before & it is always a good purification of mind-body with a renewed clarity of mind & usually insights obtained into the psyche....maybe I'll get some clarity on 'my future'(or why I'm so interested in it!)...I was recently called a 'butterfly' by someone which means a man who goes from flower(woman) to flower...there is some truth to that because I haven't let myself 'settle down' or found someone to travel with...maybe 10 days of meditation will enlighten me to these ponderings or at least 'settle down' the mind to BE HERE NOW with choiceless awareness to WHAT IS..the SUCHNESS of the ETERNAL PRESENT....AMEN!.....smiles!

No comments: