Thursday, June 01, 2006

Chiang Mai-5

This small city is starting to grow on me...perhaps it was when I was resting after my herbal sauna(120 Baht) & talking with a doctor who used to live on the Big Island but now has several businesses here and has called Thailand home for 10 years....that gave my mind something to ponder...or perhaps it is the incredible cheap food(Gap's vegetarian buffet every night for 2$)...had another massage yesterday and later at night went dancing at the 'THC' rooftop hippie club with dayglo- psychedelic drawings and rugs & pillows to sit on....I'm on my 3rd hotel..first the Rama for 200 Baht, then 'Mr. Whiskey's' for only 100 Baht but the ants on the bed & big-screen TV blaring at 6am was too much....now I'm on my 3rd night at 'Same-Same'(but different!) for 180 Baht with a great big rooftop room...but gonna look for something a bit cheaper (i'm going to be traveling awhile and need to make my money last)....because of the fiscal budget & because I haven't really felt the need I haven't been drinking alcohol which is where they say a traveler pisses his money away...yesterday though I sat at the Same-Same cafe and had 2 cheap beers & a nice chat with an Irishman who just pulled up on his motorcycle (bikes,scooters, and m-cycles cheap to rent here)..he has been in Chiang Mai 3 weeks & loves it....I may stay here a bit longer then head up the mountains toward Pai......the moonsoon rains have arrived but it only rains once or twice a day for a short time...I'm still single but starting to feef my Mojo rising!...to be continued...

No comments: