Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Visa's & Visions

Sometimes a traveler feels the need to put the backpack down & stay in one place for awhile....I've been staying in Chiang Mai at my favorite Guesthouse in a nice room since I finished the Thai massage course....alot of quiet time...yoga,reading,meditating,etc...I originally had plans to help Scout for the Rainbow Gathering but for a variety of reasons my tent I bought 2 months ago has not been used... Now it seems that the Thai Govt. is changing the Visa Rules so that the days of unlimited 30-day 'visa runs' to the border are over....it appears I'm going to India sooner than I expected...I'm now waiting on my India Visa & may fly to Delhi as soon as the 25th!....I've been reading the 1,100 page! Lonely Planet India(great history & info) & Salman Rushdie's classic novel about India 'Midnight's Children'....I plan to head north from Delhi & explore one or two provinces of the NorthWest & perhaps do some Vipassanna Meditation up near Dharmasala(Dali Lama/Tibet community).....I'm getting a roundtrip though as I want to come back to Thailand to experience the World Rainbow Gathering in December....then, in January perhaps look for work teaching English somewhere in Asia(Thailand,China,Korea,Japan,or Taiwan)....or maybe by then a different VISION of how best to Serve will manifest....

No comments: